Friday, August 06, 2010

New Blog!

Hey everyone, Thanks for viewing my new blog.

I don't know how many of you have seen my work in the past, it's all pretty much disappeared off the internet now, but I have been doing my own thing for the past seven years. In this blog I'll just quickly go through a bit of history.

I've been writing freelance on the internet for seven years or so. That's not consistently, I have done nothing pretty much for three years due to actually being an adult and living.

But prior to that, I used to have a few websites where I would do my journalism on. I've done music album reviews, live gig reviews, video game reviews amongst other things. I had a little fanzine at one point also. I aspired to be a journalist greatly, but ambitions don't often work in reality.

For the past three years I've been on what I'd call a forced hiatus. When I moved from North Wales to Portsmouth, my computer broke on it's travels. I then worked in the Co-op, so all my concentrations were lost. I then got my fiancée pregnant, and moved to another job that requires equal attention. For the past three years I've grown up a lot, I'm a father, I earn a small wage.

But in the past three years all I've wanted to do is write again. Thanks to a good friend, namely Michele, I now have a computer again. I can interact with my old friends, and new friends too. I want to make a name for myself, I think I'm better than some of the people out there. I wouldn't say all, I have respect for most journalists, but I think I can add something.

So here I am again, writing. I will write mainly on four topics, those being music, video games, football, and wrestling. I will write other pieces I'm sure, and I'll probably do personal pieces once in a while. Also by all means, suggest things for me to write about. Any ideas are welcome. I will also include polls, Top 10 lists amongst other things. I have a gazillion ideas, I just don't know where to start. I want you to help me with that. Can you vote on the poll on this site, help me choose a subject to start with. I don't know what I will write on the winning answer, but I will do anything at the moment. I'd like to also say that I, naturally as you do with age, think I can write much better than I did three years ago. So we will see won't we!

One last thing, please, PLEASE, give me feedback. Help me out. Constructive criticism or compliments are both welcome. I just want to go in the right direction and I want to show you what I can do. I hope this is the beginning of a good journalism career! Thanks for hearing me out, and take care.

JohnnyMercyside

No comments:

Post a Comment