Saturday, February 05, 2011

Noughtie: Best of 2002 (Mixtape)


Hey everyone, welcome to Part 6 of the Noughtie series. If you have only just joined us, above is the series in full, with the golden text all the previous entries we have covered so far. This is the third mixtape, celebrating the third year of the Noughties, the year 2002. This was an interesting year as a surge of indie bands were starting to make a name for themselves around this time, as you will see below. Nu-metal was starting to get a stained reputation, but MTV2 kept rocking in the UK. Here's my picks, my favourite songs from the year 2002.
  1. Demon Speeding - Rob Zombie
  2. Across the Nation - The Union Underground
  3. Here to Stay - KoRn
  4. I Hate People Like That - Jerk
  5. Rock Star - N.E.R.D.
  6. The Queen and I - Gym Class Heroes
  7. Lose Yourself - Eminem
  8. Get Over It - OK Go
  9. Outtathaway! - The Vines
  10. Wonderboy - Tenacious D
  11. All My Life - Foo Fighters
  12. United States of Whatever - Liam Lynch
  13. Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
  14. Lady - The Datsuns
  15. No One Knows - The Queens of the Stone Age
  16. You Know You're Right - Nirvana
  17. Diamonds and Guns - Transplants
  18. Miss Lucifer - Primal Scream
  19. Pretty Like Drugs - QueenAdreena
  20. Morning Has Broken - The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster
  21. Dead Star - Muse

Don't like some of these songs? Try these five:
  1. Feuer Frei! - Rammstein
  2. Shut Your Mouth - Garbage
  3. Boom - P.O.D.
  4. Tear Away - Drowning Pool
  5. Fell in Love With a Girl - The White Stripes
Another year gone, 7 more to go. I wonder how many of these songs will my make personal Top 100? Are any of the songs important enough to make the unbiased list? You'll find out later on in the series. I'll be back on Monday, when I count down my favourite artists who started their professional music careers in this decade. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I would most definitely replace 3 of the 5 (not pod or dp) with 3 from your list..tut tut john! lol why is gym cless heroes even there? :P only pokin tis subjective after all! x

    ReplyDelete