Thursday, February 23, 2012

Q&A with Johnny Mercyside: Part 9

Hey there, welcome to the 9th edition of my Q&A. I do these every month and as always, these questions are all taken off my Formspring account, which you can find here. These were answered a while ago, and I've changed the answers if the situation has changed since then. Enjoy!

Q: If you could be the president or leader of your country for one day, what would you do?
A: I hate politics, I really do. But one thing I strongly believe in is that it's possible, if every country and leader in the world strive to let it happen, that we can get rid of currency and have official world fair trading. That would be my ultimate aim if I had the power to make it happen.

Q: Would you rather hang out with a small group of friends or a large group?
A: Probably a small group, but it depends on the company and the atmosphere.

Q: Have you been able to keep your New Years resolutions or have you broken them?
A: I didn't make any this year. I rarely make them.

Q: What's your favorite TV show from the 1990s?
A: Probably SMTV Live, although that started in '98. Other contenders would be Robot Wars, Goosebumps and Gladiators.

Q: What rule do you find yourself always breaking?
A: Probably my calorie intake... not that I count them... that's probably the problem!

Q: Who is your best friend and how did you meet him/her?
A: My best friend is my wife to be, Claire/Mimi. I met her online on a forum. If doesn't count as my best friend then it's a difficult one to pinpoint in different ways I have four best friends, and they are Bob, Mer, Tom and John.

Q: What tech gadget do you want to buy next?
A: Now that I've got my HDTV, I'm not really that bothered. If I had all the money in the world I'd naturally upgrade this computer, but it runs absolutely fine and I'm not bothered about changing it.

Q: If you could only drink one thing for a year and it couldn't be water, what would you drink?
A: Pepsi, easy. I love Pepsi.

Q: What was your favorite thing to do during recess at school?
A: I'm not at school anymore, but I used to enjoy playing football with some good friends of mine. Good times.

Q: Who's your favorite Disney character?
A: Very difficult... lets go old school and say Baloo from The Jungle Book.

Q: What would your dream vacation be?
A: Well I wanted to have my honeymoon in the east of France, somewhere like Nancy or Lyon, or in Switzerland. But I couldn't afford a honeymoon so, maybe I can have a vacation around there in the future.

Q: What's the furthest place you've ever traveled to?
A: Argentina, when I took part on BBC1's Winter Wipeout, you can read about my amazing experience here.

Q: What's your favorite sport to play?
A: Football! Although I'm fat and unfit, and no one around me plays anymore. But I love a good game of footie. Always have.

Q: What's the story behind your username?
A: It's my writing alias. I've been using the Johnny Mercyside alias for a good 5 years now. How did I come up with it? You can thank MySpace for that!

When I had a MySpace account there was a little game where you would find your soap opera name. To get this you had your first name being the same, but you would replace your surname with your birthplace. So I got John Merseyside, so I tweaked it around, called myself Johnny and used "Mercy" to make it sound more 'cool' and voila! It's stuck since.

Q: What accomplishment are you most proud of?
A: A hard question, three things come to mind, moving down to Portsmouth from North Wales as an eighteen year old, my website which is getting more and more popular that I'm putting a lot of effort into. The last thing is my amazing daughter, and the great upbringing she is having, which is a credit to me and her fantastic mum.

Q: Who's the best teacher you ever had? What made them your favorite?
A: I've had a good set of teachers, Mrs Brown in English 6th form is usually the one I remember best.

Q: What historical time period would you most like to visit?
A: The Celtic or Roman times. I love the idea of those times although there's many bad aspects of them as well. Naturally with my recent escapades on TV and being compared to Henry VIII, I suppose the Tudors would be a time I'd be interested in too.

Q: Would you rather have toast or cereal for breakfast?
A: Cereal, although my favourite breakfast is a bacon and egg sammitch.

Q: Do you have OCD?
A: I have a minor case, very minor. I'd never put myself or anyone else in harm for anything silly though.

Q: How many people in your family wear glasses? Are you one of them?
A: All my siblings wear glasses but I don't. My eye sight is exceptionally well, despite being in front of TV and computer screens for most of my awake hours. It's very strange.

And that's my latest Formspring update. Once again if you want to follow me on Formspring you can do so here. I'll be back on Saturday for my newest music album review. Have a good night.

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment