Thursday, January 30, 2014

Big News Regarding My DJing

Big news. I'm officially going to be doing my radio shows on a radio station in Northern Ireland.

Here's as much information I can give you at the moment:

  • I have a two hour slot on a Saturday, from midnight (Sunday morning) to 2am. This may change however.
  • It's a seasonal station so it's not on 24/7. The next season is in June and it runs for four weeks.
  • The radio station is called Fuse FM. It's on FM radio in Ballymoney, Northern Ireland and the surrounding area. It's a small town of around 9000 people, so not many.
  • No I'm not getting paid. But that's fine. I've only been doing this for 2 months, I've never thought I'd be able to do this for a living. But it has started to become an ambition of mine, and this is my foot on the ladder. A very long ladder. And if it doesn't happen it's just a hobby, which is fine.
  • I've been given a two hour slot which means I'll be doing The Rock and Metal Double Feature Show, if you've not heard it there are links at the DJ Shows section at the top of this page.
  • I'll have to remove any swearing from my songs, and be careful what songs I play. There are a lot of passionate religious and political people in this area of Northern Ireland and I want them to like me, not hate me!
  • I'll start doing The Rock and Metal Double Feature Show every Saturday, even before June. The first one will be on March 1st. This way you can listen to the show on Mixcloud, and in June, if all goes well, it'll slot in to Fuse FM naturally.
  • For the next three weeks I'll be finishing The Mercyside 100 off, so you can listen to my stuff every week anyway!
I've had a lot of lovely messages and support. Thanks to everyone for that. And thank you for listening to the shows if you have been. It really means a lot. I never thought that in two months I'd be good enough to make FM radio. But there's a long, long, LONG way to go if I want this to be a profession. I need to improve a lot and get some luck along the way. Enjoy the ride!

Other entries you might want to read:
I'm Not Dead! - Personal Blog Entry
The Metal Hour Show (20/1/14) - DJ Show
My Top 50 Favourite Video Game Villains - Listing

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment