Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #93

#93. “Shotgun" – Limp Bizkit
Released: 17/5/11
Album: Gold Cobra


So yesterday I was saying that I'm being a bit pessimistic about the most recent entries but if there's one band who's re-emergence has been a success, in my opinion, it's Limp Bizkit. Their last album was a pretty fine effort in fairness and there was some great tracks on there. "Shotgun" was a flashback to their older days, the days where Limp Bizkit combined slick rhymes with surprisingly cool riffs and disc scratching. Limp Bizkit went back to their old days where they didn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and their fanbase, and didn't care if they were a commercial success or not. And "Shotgun" is them in this fine vein, spitting out lyrics to rap and metal, whether like it or not.


Here's the song if you want to hear it!

If you missed #94 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment