Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #90

#90. “Rebellion" – Linkin Park
Released: 4/6/14
Album: The Hunting Party


Featuring the guitarist and back up vocalist of System of a Down in Daron Malakian, this song kicks some serious ass. Riff wise, it's probably one of Linkin Park's heaviest tracks, then again when you consider it has the guitarist of SOAD taking part it's likely to be. I love the guitars in this song and the chorus is pretty sweet too. It's a great collaboration, one you wouldn't expect, and it's one that works surprisingly well; I mean sure, Linkin Park and System of a Down are both metal bands but they're very very different in style. And this song meets nicely towards the middle of both bands, even if it does have Linkin Park's name on the label. It's just an all-round great metal track and one that deserves more airplay than it has.


Here's the song if you want to hear it!


If you missed #91 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment