Saturday, April 02, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #49

#49. “Supremacy" – Muse
Released: 20/2/13
Album: The 2nd Law


This is the second song by Muse on the list after "Madness" started proceedings at #100. Supremacy, if you didn't know, was the theme song for The Mercy Side throughout the year 2015. I've now changed it to "Ninety Nine" by Slaves but that's besides the point. The song is such a great song to use as a "theme song". I got the idea because I'm a wrestling fan, and there's a wrestler called Mark Andrews (aka Mandrews) who now wrestles for TNA, and while he was on the wrestling indies here in the UK he used that as his theme song.

I've always thought that "Supremacy" was one of the best songs off the album "The 2nd Law", which is actually my least favourite Muse album. Being the first song on the album, it's job is to set you up for what's to come and it does that job perfectly. With its fantastic guitar riffs and the way it speeds up towards the end, the song is just great. There's a good tint of James Bond in there too, and I mean that in a good way.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!


If you missed #50 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment