Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #25

#25. "Thrift Shop” – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Released: 27/8/12
Album: The Heist

Yep, one of the biggest songs of 2012 gets a massive thumbs up from me. If you’ve been following my work on this website over the years you might get the impression that I like to predict what songs will be considered to be the “greats” when we look back on them in decades to come. This is one of those songs. For me, “Thrift Shop” is going to be considered to be an absolute classic in around 10 years time. I have very little doubt about it. It’s just lyrically, musically and stylistically on point throughout and the video is great too. There’s not much more to really say about this song, because unless you’ve been under a rock for the last four years, you’ve heard this song before and know all you need to know about it.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!
If you missed #26 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment