Saturday, June 24, 2017

My Top 30 Favourite Crash Bandicoot Levels: #7

#7 Hog Ride

Game: Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped!
Level: 8 (of 32)
Level Type: Race
Random Fact: The four different “Race” levels in Crash 3 are at different times of the day. This one is at midday, “Orange Asphalt” is at sunset, “Road Crash” which was #22 in my list is late at night and then the secret level “Area 51?” is overnight when aliens come to play!
Ah, “Hog Ride”. The level so famous it’s actually the cover of the game itself. I remember Crash 3 coming out, having played Crash 1 before (believe it or not Crash 2 was the last Crash game I played out of the three), and seeing the motorbike on the cover, not knowing if Crash actually drove a motorbike in the game or if it was just a “cool” cover.

As you can imagine, when I got to level 8 in the game, I was so chuffed to find that it was a motorbike race level! And in fairness, the motorbike levels don’t disappoint at all. Sure, the controls are a little clunky, but they’re meant to be, I think. This isn’t a racing game, this is a platformer, so the motorbike levels can be excused for not being genuine racers. It’s all fun and games after all! I’ve placed “Hog Ride” as my favourite Race level, not because it’s the easiest but because it’s the most accessible of them all, in the end, it’s the first you play and the track itself is lots of fun! It’s just truly one of the most memorable Crash levels of all time.
If you missed #8 click here.

For #6 click here.

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment